Tuesday, November 15, 2011

His will = my life?


I asked God for strength, that I might achieve,
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.


I asked for health, that I might do great things,
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.


I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.


I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.



I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life,
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.


I got nothing that I asked for,
but everything that I had hoped for.


Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.

I am, among all women, most richly blessed.


 
// Author unknown. All photos copyright 2011 Lucia M. Please do not use without permission. //

p.s. (LAST day to enter the huge giveaway and the Marie Madeline studio giveaway, friends! 21 prizes await 21 winners..you have until midnight!!)

13 comments:

  1. Hmm, I love this poem. So, so much. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice poem and beautiful pictures Lucia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this was beautiful! the photos, the poem, brilliant!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this poem. Great reminder. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! So true. ♥

    -Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that poem! Those photo's are so pretty too. :)

    ~Bri {Diamonds and Pearls}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, for a second, I thought that *you* had written the poem!! haha I really, really like it!! <3 Nice choice of pics too!

    Btw, would you mind putting my giveaway button up here on your blog? I could put yours on mine :) Thanks!

    ~Miss Raquel

    www.God-sDaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, Lucia! The poem is amazing, I might post it on my blog one day. :) The photos you took are SPECTACULAR! Wow. I couldn't believe my eyes! You.are.amazing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lucia,
    Beautiful post!
    Have you received my email about the blog design I won? I know we had trouble previously, so was just wondering...
    Thanks,
    India

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so beautiful. the photographs are lovely, and the glory God receives is so glorious.

    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy reading your posts. They are such an encouragement.
    I've awarded you. Check out www.homemadeministry.blogspot.com to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey lucia,
    sort of out of mild curiosity...i really want to pen pal you! and i've posted quite a few comments, so i think you can rest assured that i'm not a freak that is pretending to be someone else :) i'd really love to pen pal you! -Oriana, please comment back if you'd like to

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...