Tuesday, October 4, 2011

tuesdays.


Tuedays, I have noticed, come more frequently than any other day of our blessed week.

And I don't like Tuesdays.

Tuesdays are the days your cat gets locked indoors and uses your new skirt which you left lazily on the floor as a porta-potty, you are jolted awake at 1:00 a.m. as a result, school comes slowly, the piano won't cooperate (or maybe it's the fingers?), things go missing, and it starts to pour just as you start your daily run. Not to mention you lose four followers in one hour. I normally don't think about it too much, but..man. That was a little crazy. o.O

..But. Tuesdays are also the days when God decides, "Hey, Lucia could use a little cheering up. I think I'll show her an extra special verse to start the day off," and as soon as I peel my groggy eyes open at the crack of dawn to literally force myself to open my Bible:


"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
{John 16:33}


Yeah. Sometimes I could just give the Lord a huge hug. :] I can't wait until the day I literally can.
 
So. Let's rephrase this post, shall we?
 
Tuesdays are just one of the many days I realize how blessed I am to wake up in the morning to a safe home, a square meal, and a cat who purrs apologies for past grievances. Tuesdays are the days I rejoice in what I've accomplished, and when I try my best to play music that is pleasing to God (if no one else). Tuesdays are the days a warm shower feels especially wonderful and cozy after a wet workout,  frenchbread and nutella are on the table waiting for me when I get home, and I rejoice in the fact that I am privileged to have the freedom to share my thoughts with the world--with you
 
 
I...can tolerate Tuesdays. :] 

16 comments:

  1. I loved this post. you really encouraged me to actually GET UP and pray and read the bible each morning instead of laying there... Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww..sorry you had a "bad" day...I love Tuesdays though, I guess my "bad" day would be Wednesday. :P
    thanks for the encouragement though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days are like that for me... Tuesdays, though, are an exception because that is one ofthe most exciting days of the week for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too look forward to the day when I can give the Lord a big hug!
    Also, thanks for the verse, it encouraged me.

    ~Madi

    ReplyDelete
  5. that doesn't sound like a very nice tuesday! but yeah, a really great post! very encouraging : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, I love the HOPE Christ gives us in that verse from John... He has overcome - not will, not did and now is irrelevant... He has... it's all done! He is so good to me {and to you!} to share Himself...
    ah, Blessings, sweet girl!

    Rachael
    heldbyhishand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I used to dread Tuesdays and in fact was thinking about that just recently. :) Tuesdays were deadline day at the newspaper, which meant you worked until the paper was finished and resulted in looong and stressful work days. Tuesdays are still not my favorite day of the week, but I don't dread them anymore. I loved how the Lord helped you to change your attitude, and your choice to focus on what was good and praiseworthy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really nice post, thanks, Lucia! I haven't actually followed your blog yet but I view it often, and I like your creativity in blogging and your sense of sweetness :).

    Ugh, that mustn't have been a pleasant start to a day with the cat ruining your new skirt, but praise the Lord He gave you the Strength to meet that day, and His Grace is ALWAYS sufficient! I love that scripture verse too!

    P.S. I love your name, by the way, and I never knew its meaning till now...wow, giver of light! Actually, I'm writing a historical Christian novel set in Ancient Rome and one of the main characters is a girl called Lucia, so it is sweet getting to meet a *real* LUCIA!
    God bless,
    Love from a sister in Christ way down in Australia!
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've followed now! So you've gained a new follower after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best days are those that are started with drawing near to the Lord, praying, and reading His Word. Lovely post, Lucia! Thank you for blessing and encouraging us with this wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely and encouraging as always! Not only to work harder at reading my Bible in the mornings, but also at trying to see all of the good in a day, instead of all of the bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like God is teaching you things JUST LIKE He's teaching me. i love it when i get a verse that is so timely to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post, girl! :D We have much in common, I can tell, from this one post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, ladies, for your sweet comments and encouragement. :]

    Joy~~Aww. You are too sweet darlin'. Thank youu. :D How fun--I am in your book! ;) So cute. :] And thank you for following. So kind--I am so glad you like my blog! :o)

    I would reply to all of you, but I need to run! :/ Bekah--aww. Great! :]

    Blessings,
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet post! Good of you to find the good things in a kind of down day, and God knows just what we need, doesn't He?(:

    this-real-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was such an encouraging post, it really convicted me. (: I should've check your blog earlier, rather than almost midnight a week later!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...