Wednesday, October 5, 2011

just a pumpkin kind of day.


I awoke this morning to the familiar chill that comes with my quilt being on the floor instead of on my bed. It was 7:00, and even above the thin blankets pulled up to my nose, I could see the chilly fog outside my window, and imagine the little row of proud pumpkins on our front porch shivering in their coats of frost.

Tumblr_ls5g7gpxet1r3sm6co1_400_large

I read my Bible and hopped out of bed into the cool air, shivering as I left my warm pajamas for my jogging pants and sweatshirt. 

313621_299822820032364_147970661884248_1425091_347516938_n_large

A waft of cinnamon tea followed me out the door as I left for my run, almost mocking the fact that I was abandoning my cozy bed for freezing air. The only thing that truly sympathized with my chill this morning was said row of pumpkins, who were indeed looking cold.

43137313_large

Today is just a pumpkin kind of day; I can feel it in my bones.

...What kind of day is today for you?

-lucia

-all photos via weheartit.com-

14 comments:

  1. Wow, you write so beautifully!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is that delicious looking something I see????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, you're lucky! Where we live it was 50 degrees this morning, and it's 80 degrees now. It's been 70 the past 2 days though. :) That's fall in the south for you.

    Love,
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm waiting {not so patiently, might i add} for Fall to arrive here so i can get a pumpkin spice latte...and all i have to say it better get QUICK. SA is getting thirsty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's actually a sunny kind of day for me in MI! It's really rare for this time of year, but it's 75 degrees out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! Sounds like a lovely fall day.(:
    My day was a gorgeous kind of day!

    this-real-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm... a pumpkin days sounds nice - I've never had one of those!
    Today... well, it's 7:34am here in Australia, so my day is but new! And it looks to me to be a rainy, grey one... but inside, it is delightful - with the beauty of His presence... it is going to be a good day!
    Blessings!

    Rachael
    heldbyhishand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know what? I am going to subscribe to your blog via email... at least for a while! It's too cute and my style! ;)

    Your writing is original... your posts unique... and the photos are awesome! :D

    If you want to, check out my fashion blog at: www.simplemodestfashion.blogspot.com I love visitors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. There! I am now subscribed to your blog! If there is any chance you have time to do the same to my blog, I'd be ever so thrilled! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your writing..it was like I was reading a story!
    Love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, it's chilly here too and I'm enjoying pumpkin cream cheese muffins, pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin spice lattes via Starbucks, plus selling tons of pumpkin spice donuts at the bakery where I work. I love pumpkin!!

    Ugg....I know exactly what you mean by trying to out of bed into the COLD and forcing yourself start your devotions.;-)

    Thank you for sharing the verse!

    AnneKatherine
    thet
    yogurtgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today was a wonderful rainy day :) I love hearing the rain outside my cracked open window... huddling inside a warm jacket as I sit writing... everything about today was great :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. today is a tuna and crackers with lemonade kind of day for me. :)

    beautiful post, lucia.

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...