Friday, October 7, 2011

intro to 'true that.'

I came up with a little idea this afternoon as I was eating my lunch. Just a little idea, mind you, nothing hugely spectacular. Here it is.

I love quotes. Especially cleverly amazing ones that practically make your head nod in agreement on its own, just because whatever that person said even so long ago (or so recently) is so true. Any little bit of wise information is greatly appreciated over here, and thus when I find a spectacular quote or saying or short moralizing story I tend to share it with you. When I remember. I love reading other bloggers' favorite quotes, too--a quote post always makes me smile. :) 

So. I decided I would start a little challenge like all the "Wordless Wednesdays," "Akward and Awesome's," etc. that are out there. But, this shall be called "True That." No weekly commitment, just a post whenever I feel like it featuring an amazing quote--or something else I simply have to share that really "rings true." If you want to join in, feel free to leave the link to your 'true that' day in a comment (the linky won't work) so I and others can read your finds.

Sound like fun? I think it will be. :] 

Here's my little bit of truth for the day..
Umbrella Girl



There's always

a little truth
behind every "just kidding,"
a little curiosity
behind every "just wondering,"
a little knowledge
behind every "i don't know,"
and a little emotion
behind every "i don't care."


true that? mm-hmm.  

17 comments:

  1. I love quotes!! This one is true!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds pretty fun! I love quotes!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, I love this idea! Quotes can mean so much and I love the one you chose today. I might just have to try to find a favorite to post. :)

    Much Love!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea - I'd certainly like to join in sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea Lucia! ;) I can't wait to read everyone's quotes. Oh, and I love the one you chose by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy reading quotes, so this sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh love this so much! I love those quotes... this one is so great!(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is a very wonderful good idea of yours, Lucia :) If I ever read a quote from something that seems worth sharing, I'll be sure to do so and then share the link with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so glad to finally meet you and your sweet sister today! Hopefully, it is the first of many visits. ;-)

    And I have always thought that "just kidding" was a cowardly shield for truth. A very true quote, that one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. interesting. this little blogger includes quotes in every post i write. quotes are like chewy, crunchy, scrumptious bits of wisdom, humor, and sincerity. it's like the author's of them read me mind or were a fly on the wall of my bedroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I won't be joining, but I will be reading! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to let you know that I am having several giveaways going on my blog right now until the 15th.

    Blessings,
    Johanna

    www.creativity-starts-here.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a very similar idea! Of course I'll join in. ;-)

    <3
    theyogurtgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://thatsmilingblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/true-thoughts-part-1.html
    There's the link to my post. This is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohmygoodness, i love this idea! girl, you are so clever...and my wanna-be gangsta soul sista. ;) maybe i'll link up one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...