Sunday, January 1, 2012

bring. it. on.



So it's New Year's Day, 2012. The year the world ends...

or not.

The year I master extensive music note reading.

or not.

The year I become the perfect friend, daughter, and sister.

or not.

The year my life takes a sudden unexpected turn.

or not.

My last year on earth.

or not.

..things are hazy on the 2012 horizon. Nevertheless, I know this year is going to be exciting. Challenging. Embarrassing. Joyful. Frightening. Melancholy. And I'm going to strive to make every minute count.


..Even though my future is largely uncertain, I do have a few happy things that promise to make an effect on whichever way my road turns. For instance, just last night at a New Year's Eve party I was ecstatic to get my first photo shoot "order." I did some portraits for some friends yesterday, just for fun, and posted them on facebook so they could see how they turned out (posting these soon, if it's okay with them).

Well. A lady came up to me and said she had seen the pictures, and wants me to do some of her children this coming year! I was...excited, to say the least. I mean, I'm so amatuer! And I never dreamed I would get asked to do someone so soon..without any advertising, too. ;) I'll update you on how that goes, but for now, I am working even harder on learning my camera's features and settings, and saving up for more lenses, so I can develop this "art" even further.

Can someone say, "yay?" :D


Before I close my first 2012 post, let me  make a few predictions. Just because. 

1. There will be a lot of weddings this year. In fact, someone I know just got engaged last night. :D

2. The world will not end on December 21st. Okay, so it might. But it will not be according to the Tibetan calendar, it will be according to God's plan. 

3. I will become a better seamstress. I know this because, thanks to a dear friend who recommended my sister and I (wow!), I am getting a job at an alterations shop this month. And I am getting free training. Um..YAY. 

4. I will become a better photographer. I know this. Because I am willing to work hard.

5. I will turn seventeen. Wow, aren't I amazing? What a prediction! Do you think it's possible it just might come true? ;) 

6. Things will change drastically. Friends will leave, friends will come, catastrophes will happen, happy things will happen, things will just..change.  


..And there I leave you. With an odd numbered list, and with a few things that I am hopeful certain of. 

--Oh, and before I forget: 

The winner of the Jungwha Jewelry giveaway is...


..Congrats! You will be receiving an e-mail shortly. :)


Happy New Year 2012, friends. Life? 
Bring. it. on. 

-lucia


13 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you too!!! Ooh really??? Who got engaged??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture, did you get it off Pinterest? Also, pretty cool about the job ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you phrased No. 2 prediction! It really sums up the whole situation without seeming really "I'm right/You're wrong" attitude! :):)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Lucia! 2012 is going to be so many things. I just can't wait to see what happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post. I'd also like to work on photography this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh...I just about freaked, when I read !. I thought it said YOU got engaged last night.. I was like...WHAT?? haha
    Hope your year is filled with His Love, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited about 2012... I think it will be a wonderful year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky girl! I would love to do a photoshoot. :)

    Yeah, I don't think the world is going to end either. I mean, is it not supposed to be at an unknown time?

    Love,
    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heart the 1st pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this list! Happy new years to you to dear!!! Hope there is more happy than sad for you!

    xoxoxo
    ~Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  11. amen! Love your blog- can't wait to see all your new posts this year!

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...