Friday, January 13, 2012

i'm human, and it's beautiful.


Have you looked in the mirror today?

Have you seen those features, perfectly formed by a Master Creator who made you as unique as each star that shines in the universe--as each snowflake that falls unknown, yet intricate, on an undiscovered plain?


Have you ever stopped to consider why you're here? Why you were born right where you were--why you were placed in this generation, in this century, in this exact place on the map? 


It's easy for us--more specifically, for me--to lose sight of who we really are. Why is it so hard for me to realize that I'm not just a person, aimlessly floating about the earth doing random things and climbing up the ladder of life for no reason whatsoever.

Why has humanity become so casual?

Why do I keep falling into the mindset that I deserve this life?


Friends, we all share one thing in common, though we come from different races, nations, backgrounds--though some of us may have endured unfathomable hardships: we all have this moment. 

We each have a time, a chunk of existence that is our's, given to us by Him. 

It's more than just ordinary--it's extraordinary. It's beyond my comprehension to understand why God has chosen to give you and me, as we sit here , in this moment, a part in His plan. In His world. 

We're human, but it's more than just a word; a casual thing. We're His creations, and we have a purpose. 

Don't forget it. Remember that you are human, and it's beautiful--because it's only a mirror of what is to come in the fullness of time. 


-all photos copyright 2012 l.m.m. // please do not use without permission (pinterest is accepted) -


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lucia.

    Yes, it's a magnificent wonder as to why God chose us, why he placed us where we are.

    Remembering that makes me want to really make the most of each moment for Him. Because He made me special and has a great plan for me, and for each person.

    I want to live for Him with all of my being. Because I have a purpose, to live for my Lord.

    ~Madi

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I love the pictures -- adorable♥ What a sweet reminder, Lucia.

    xoxo,
    Jessica
    Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was *amazing*, Lucia! I enjoyed every word of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you take those pictures?? Very nice!

    Great post - great reminder!

    ~Miss Raquel
    www.God-sDaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well said. I think we all sometimes struggle with this one and lose sight of the big picture. This is a good reminder of how amazing life is! :)

    And your pictures are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well put! It's something good to think about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely delightfully lovely.

    A really important reminder - much well needed.

    Oi! Each moment is such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucia, you continually astound me with your moving posts. It is so easy to forget about God when you are looking through blogs. It is refreshing to see someone who really cares and wants to honer Him! I too long to show Him my appreciation for His gift of life He gave to us!
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen! Thank you for sharing this, Lucia. It was a true blessing :).
    In His love,
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true Lucia!! Our life is the greatest gift we've been given. It's a good reminder not to take it for granted!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats a good reminder Lucia!

    <3 Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Great pictures and a great message! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. that was a good post. I really enjoyed it. I am trying to live in a way so that Abba may be glorified and that others will see His Way.
    blessings!
    beautiful photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Humanity is something that God chose to express Himself and show His Grace most fully.

    Now give me a single good reason why humanity is cheap. :P

    No takers? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...