Thursday, January 5, 2012

lucia, etc. photo challenge // the little things

lucia, etc.  

I am in love with photography. Literally. It's just such an...art. Such a way for me to give my creative juices an outlet--without burning down the house or painting the living room green. Thus, it should be no surprise to you that my favorite activities that are going on among blogging photographers are the photo challenges. If I had the time, I would seriously enter all of them. 

..And I've decided to start my own. Because I love being creative, but next to that (if not more than that) I love seeing how others are creative. What they come up with. I have been inspired and amazed and started breathing heavily as a result of my fellow photographers; some of the stuff y'all come up with seriously makes me gasp. 

So, I want to see it first hand. :) I'm starting a monthly photo challenge here at lucia, etc., for all you photographers, photographer-wannabes, and random-picture-takers. It's going to be fun. 

To get started, here are the nitty-gritties or rules or whatever you want to call them.  Basically, there will be a new challenge every month--it could be "wind," "black-and-white portrait," "candlelight--" anything and everything. All you need to do to participate is grab a photo from your archives or go out and take a fresh one that you think fits the challenge, then come back here and link up with a blogpost, flickr link, etc. It would be great if you would bloghop around a little, too, just so everyone feels the love. :) You may submit one photo. 

This month's photo challenge is the little things. You know those tiny, sometimes hidden or brief joys in life that are so important--or merely adorable? Those are what I am challenging you to capture. Ladybugs on a leaf, a child's joy at his Christmas gift, a baby slumbering, an expression, something miniature...

..I can't wait to see what you come up with. You have until January 15th to link up, so start brainstorming! I will choose five finalists by the 18th, and we'll all vote on a winner that week. 

Have fun, and don't forget to grab the button to include in your post, so that the word will spread!



18 comments:

  1. So it has to be posted on our blog by the 15th? Do we let you know when it's been posted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lovely! I so enjoy photography contests. :)

    I hope to enter soon!

    Love,
    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome idea. I shall look through my stuff. Good luck to everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! I'm so excited to enter this photo challenge!!! Thanks Lucia!! :)

    ~Danielle~

    http://www.loveliftedyouandme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, that isn't he photo I was linking up to! Was I suppose to put that link instead of just my blog link? I have never done this before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never mind! I deleted my old link, set up the post with my entry, and linked up again. This time it should send you to the post with my photo of fortune cookies. :D

    But thanks for admiring my harp photo anyways! :) I did take it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I love Photo challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've entered! Thanks for hosting, Lucia. :)

    ~Bri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwh, the teensy snowmen are precious! Great photo, friend!

    Count me in; I entered!

    p.s. The photo of you on your sidebar is oh-so beautiful. It looks so exotic and wonderland-ish. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great! Visit my photography blog @ carolineleigh-photography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is a lovely idea, Lucia! I've entered the contest :),
    Love,
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Lucia! I discovered your blog and this photo contest through my dear friend Mary. I think it is a really fun idea! I entered it, and I hope you like my photo :)

    In Christ Jesus,

    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm linked. :) Thanks for hosting an I look forward to the winner. :)

    Love you,
    Martha Joy
    Hebrews 12:1, 2

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful challenge, Lucia! *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Lucia---I'm entering a picture. But how do we link up? I don't see a Linky...at least on our computer. :P But here's a link to my post with the photo I'm entering!!! :)
    www.ourfamilyviewfromustwo.blogspot.com/2012/1/the-little-things-in-life.html
    Great idea on this challenge, by the way!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the fun challenge! I enjoyed looking through my pictures to decide on the perfect one. :)

    Blessings,
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, Lucia!

    I was just wondering what font you use on your blog; if you could let me know, I would really appreciate it. :)

    www.maid4him.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...