Monday, January 16, 2012

"the little things" challenge finalists


First of all, w.o.w. 

..I had such a hard time choosing only five photos from fifty-four. I saw way more than five amazing shots, and was tempted to have twenty finalists instead of five. ;) But, I decided to stick with my original plan and attempt the grueling task of choosing

 In the end, here are the five photos I felt best showed me "the little things" uniquely. 


By Makenna. This is just so close, so intimate. The focus is just perfect, and I have never seen this true-to-life expression captured before! Stunning. 

By Marcia.  I love closeness of the shot, the deep color of the eggs, and the way they are nestled so sweetly in their home. 

By Mary, who managed to capture the ever-moving legs of a toddler with perfection. What gorgeous fall colors, and lovely bokeh! I especially love the subject: truly a "little thing" that is so important. 

By Lauren. What a quaint, pretty shot! Lauren captured the "little things" in life via her miniature jug and jar. I love the colors, and how big the blueberries look from this vantage point! 

By Libbi. This is just darling--candid shots are the best. I love the focus, the pig tails, the polka dots,  everything!


..Now, it's your turn! Vote for your fave on the poll on the sidebar, and we'll announce winners next week, as well as showcase some honorable mentions and favorites from other participants. 

Thank you all so much for participating, and please consider joining me for next month's photo challenge (which is yet to be announced).  :) 


-lucia 

12 comments:

  1. these are allll SO CUTEEE!! :P <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks so much for choosing me as a finalist! I'm so honored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the baby blue eyes! It is soooo sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all so precious! I especially like the little sugar and creamer, with the blueberries, by Miss Lauren! :) I look forward to next week's honorable mentions and the winner! :D

    Hugs,
    Martha Joy

    P.S. Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my post! {My Small Corner Photography} That was so nice of you!!! ;) I love you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Voted :)

    Blessings,
    ~Miss Raquel

    www.God-sDaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the honor, Lucia! :)
    There were some really wonderful entries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, these are all so cute and wonderful! You did a good choice in selecting these as the 5 finalists... hmm, I really don't know which one to vote for!!

    Looking forward to the next challenge, Lucia, keep it coming!

    Blessings in Christ,
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I luv the little girl in red! - if the sun had been shinning about an inch over- on her exactly- it would have been a better picture, but i think it's the best out of them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are so cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the finalist photos are superb! That makes it even more difficult to decide which to vote for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah! I'm so excited that you picked me! I've never entered a photo contest before, and almost didn't do this one. But, I'm looking forward to having fun with many more in the future. Thanks for encouraging me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for picking mine as one of the finalists! I love the first one it so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...