Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's the Real Me!

One of the cutest blogs around is Olivia's at Horsefeathers. She has a wonderful sense of humor, great photography skills, and a genuine love for life. I don't endorse alot of her fashion or the music she listens to, so don't hold me to a recommendation, but she has some great posts.

Recently, she challenged her fellow lady bloggers to something which she humorously entitled, People Are Imperfect Campaign For Bloggers Who Are Awesome. Or PAICFBWAA for short. ;)

The idea is to take a picture of yourself withOUT make-up, withOUT photo editing devices, withOUT contrast and the blessed Cross Process feature on Picnik.com that makes your complexion such a lovely golden color...and be you. The real you.

Now, I don't wear make-up anyways, but I must confess that I rarely post a photo on here that hasn't at least been contrasted, Cross Processed, or something like that. I never go "fake" on my editing, but I hate posting bad pictures of myself, just..because. :]

I am changing that right now. I am joining PAICFBWAA. ;)


There I am. :) Fresh from a run in the rain. Sweaty, soaked, red-faced. But..hurrah for natural-ness! Hurrah for the awesome people who aren't afraid to show how God made them. <3

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
{Genesis 1:27}

11 comments:

  1. Haha, you still look cute! ;) Kinda like me, right now, because I just got back from my morning walk and I'm all sweaty and...nasty. Hehe.

    Love you!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucia~

    I would love to be part of whatever it is you are doing for Emily... You can reach me through my blog and I'll also leave a comment with my email address below. She's such a special girl!

    And YOU are as beautiful as always, my dear.

    Have a great Wednesday!

    Much Love,
    LindseyMarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picture, Lucia! :) Thank you for letting us peek at the real you. *winks*

    <3 Moriah

    p.s. i like to edit all of the pictures of me on picnik, too before I post or use them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, girl! You are so awesome! And beautiful, too. Hurrah for natural, God-given beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're still gorgeous. ;]

    I love Olivia and her blog! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous! And you've also just inspired me...I think I'll join the PAICFBWAA afterall:) I mean...why are so scared to show off the real way God created us? Hurrah for being brave enough to do this, girly! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, nice photo. But you still look cute! YEA FOR NATURAL-NESS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You still look adorable! =)

    Here's mine! http://dramaticelegance.blogspot.com/2011/06/sans.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so pretty! And your eyes are REALLY blue! It's been nice to see all of these posts come up :) I never wear makeup, so all posts with pictures of me are au naturale ;) LOL!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  10. You don't need makeup! You are SO pretty without it!:)

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...