Thursday, July 14, 2011

s-t-r-a-w-b-e-r-r-y spells summer.


s-t-r-a-w-b-e-r-r-y


475911297_573f0fff57_z_large



..is another word for summer.




i would say that "i could eat a crate full,"

but i know just how much hard work goes into one crate of strawberries.

so, i wouldn't want to eat the...whole thing. ;)




trust me. :]





yes, i have gotten up at 5:00 to pick berries for six hours in the rain.


yes, i have searched the rows for a full minute looking for just one decent strawberry.





yes, i have soaked my sleeves to the elbow and muddied my jeans beyond recognition whilst kneeling in a row.





yes, i have gotten sore from bending over a luscious patch which is calling to me.





...and yes, i still love strawberries,

because





s-t-r-a-w-b-e-r-r-y

{is another word for summer.}



::what is something that defines summer for you?::

9 comments:

  1. W-a-T-e-R-m-E-l-O-n!!!:) :) :) But strawberries are a good definition of summer, too! Wow, some strawberries sound really fabulous right about now. *drools*:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love strawberries and have yet to go to a strawberry field and pick them for myself!

    Every Tuesday, we go to the Farmer's market to purchase a three pack of strawberries - they usually do not last three days. :P

    Something that spells summer for me is watermelon, cherries, peaches, and strawberries. The best fruit is grown in SUMMER!!!

    Love,
    Grace
    gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love strawberries! We used to grow strawberries but a vole came and made it's home underneath our garden. We had to use poison to get rid of the vole thus making our strawberries poisonous. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, Lucia. I'm going to be out of town when you pick the fudge giveaway winner {I really want to enter!}. I will have internet at nights until that Monday when I'll have internet for a week all day. If I was to enter & win, would it be way to much trouble to have the fudge shipped were it would arrive sometime after August 6th (I come home that day)? Let me know either in a comment, or email. ;) Thanks, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. STRAWBERRIES! LOL! :) And raspberry lemonade. :)

    <3 <3 <3

    P.S. Thanks for making me want strawberries! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beach. Dur! I so want to go strawberry picking, though. xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picking blackberries always makes me think of summer...spending hours trawling prickly bushes for hidden berries...coming home with a t-shirt streaked with purple juice...yay for summer!

    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky,I love straberries soooooooooooo so so much!!!!!!
    wish I had some straberries now :(

    looks so good! Great job!

    ~Carlyann~

    ReplyDelete
  9. While I do enjoy strawberries, probably my favorite summer food is corn-on-the-cob. Yum! Summer is hardly complete without several meals that include corn-on-the-cob. :)

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...