Tuesday, October 26, 2010

These are a Few of my {Fall} Favorite Things...

..As you may have noticed {from my last few posts{, I love, love, *LOVE* Autumn! Fall! Whatever you call this deliciously spicy season full of colors and bursts and little nips in the air.

Here is a taste {and I literally mean *taste* ;) } of why I enjoy Fall, and what I enjoy about it!


1. Fuzzy slippers

Ohhh, the joy of slipping icy feet into cozy lusciousness! I wear a pair of fuzzy slippers all the time at home. I even slip them into my boots when I go out to feed the chickens in the mornings...


2. Pumpkin Spice Cookies

You haven't lived until you have tasted one of these utterly impeccable sweet Autumn delights. I was recently introduced to the recipe, and since then they have been made and eaten...well, I won't tell you how many times. *wink* =)



Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Frosting

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Frosting

2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


~ Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.

~ In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.

~ Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.

 To Make Glaze:

~ Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.

~ Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.


3. Cute & Cuddly Fall Scarves

Scarves are another {cute} fall delight. I love to wrap a warm and pretty one about my neck to add to an Autumn Outfit!



4. Tall and Cozy Boots

..I have yet to purchase a pair of Uggs*, {though oh, how I wish for some!} but I have a tall, warm, black pair that do the job. :) Toasty feet, hello!




5. Apple Cider

Nothing warms the chilled throat more than a cup of spicy apple cider, fresh from the tree {almost}! Here is the recipe to what we like to indulge ourselves in. :)



Hot Apple Cider

3 parts apple juice*
1 part water
cinnamon stick
ginger, thin slice (optional)
lemon zest, several thin slices (optional)
several whole cloves – too many makes it bitter (optional)

~ Pour juice and water into a tall pot with a lid and turn on heat to high. You can see that a lot of the ingredients are entirely optional. We like it that way because then we’re not limited to making cider only when we have everything at home.

~ Prepare spices and add to pot. We put everything but the cinnamon stick in a tea infuser. Otherwise, you have to strain the cider or pick out small chunks one by one.

~ When pot reaches a boil, turn to the lowest setting. Let simmer about 15 minutes. Add thin slices of lemon for decoration if desired.

~ Remove infuser. Ladle into mugs and enjoy.


*When picking out apple juice, read the label and try to get juice without added sugar – often called “apple cider” instead of “apple juice” by some companies. Unfiltered juice (which looks a little foggy) is our favorite when we can find it.


6. Puffy Jackets

...I would die without my "Puffer Jacket!" It keeps me toasty and warm through any gale or snowfall. Nowadays, I am rarely seen without it!




7. Fluffy Socks

Now here is something vital. My feet seem to be always cold...so, of course I would never be seen without a pair of my infamous "fluffy socks!" =D They are so cozy...I can't describe them...I have many pairs...



8. Perfect Photography Opportunities

Ooh, the colors! Ooh, the...awful weather. And the few sunny days. =( But, Fall still holds my favorite subjects for photography--crisp fall leaves wet with the rain, plump pumpkins still in the patch, late flowers blooming... 



...So, there are only a *few* of my "Favorite {Fall} Things." Go ahead and show us your favorite things in a post. Don't forget to link back...

~~*~~


~~......Happy Fall!.......~~

6 comments:

  1. PRETTY PHOTOS, Lucia!! Love all your "fav. things.." =D

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet, and what lovely photos! Fall is wonderful. =)
    I can't get over my complete adoration for your new header, btw...BEYOND *cute*... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn is my favorite season! It is so beautiful and welcoming!
    Thank you for sharing the pumpkin cookie recipe... I will most definitely make those sometime in the near future!
    By the way, my good friend has the same pig slippers you have pictured above! They are so comfortable! :)

    Love In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a Fall thing just like yours over at my blog!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, m'dear! I adore fall as well... *happy sigh* :-) All that talk of pumpkins and spices and cuddly scarves...oh yes! :-D

    Have a loverly day!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucia dear,
    Those are some of my favorite things about fall, too! :) I'll have to try out those cookies and apple cidder soon! :) Sounds good!
    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...