Tuesday, May 8, 2012

sweet strawberry ice cream // lauren





Warm days call for cold ice cream.

Lately, I've gotten rather discouraged by looking at the labels of store bought ice cream.  Most of it is laden with artificial flavors and unhealthy corn syrup!  What ever happened to good ol' fashion, freshly churned ice cream?  Enough was enough.  I decided to make my own.


Sweet Strawberry Ice Cream

ice cream
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 pound frozen strawberries
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

whipped cream 
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar

directions
In a blender, combine all ingredients for the ice cream.  Blend until smooth.  [note: a high-powered blender like a Vitamix or a Blendtec will yield the best results.]  The finished consistency may be too soft, so you might need to stick your ice cream in the freezer for a few hours, stirring occasionally until it firms up.

In a separate bowl, whip the cream and powdered sugar on high until stiff peaks form.  Top your ice cream liberally with whipped cream and enjoy!



Thanks for letting me contribute, Lucia!  :)




Lauren is a thankful daughter, saved by the matchless grace of her Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed to have been educated at home, she now delights in serving her family as she strives to grow in godliness and continues learning to be a keeper at home. Working in her family’s homeschool book business provides her with plenty of opportunities for growth and sanctification. Lauren is an avid lover of homemaking, photography, the family economy, and good coffee. You can find her over at A Corner Pillar, where she blogs about life, homemaking, and the goodness of the Lord.

13 comments:

  1. YYUUMM!!!!! Going to have to try this Lauren! Thanks for sharing!
    xo
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, yum, yum! this looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! I so have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks delicious!! =O My mouth is watering, I will have to try this some time! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how lovely!!! What a yummy treat for a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum this looks awesome. Perfect for summer!

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks soooo delicious!
    -Betsy
    http://reviewsbybetsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, this looks delicious! My family and I do home-made ice-cream always, because the shop ones are usually so unhealthy :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting hungry.... :) MMMmm.... looks delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will have to make that SOON!
    Thanks for the post Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this looks so good!!! I would love to have some right now. It would feel good on my sore throat. Mmmm...I think as soon as I'm feeling up to it I might have to give it a try. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! This looks great! I want to make it but am not sure about the heavy whipping cream. Do you have to whip it before adding it in?

    Thanks
    Maeve
    Platinumdream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...