Sunday, May 27, 2012

sunlit portraits // finalists

Yesyesyes. I'm late again at announcing photo challenge finalists. And a month late at that. I decided to skip May's photo challenge entirely, just because of extreme busyness and all that bueno stuff, but keep a look-out for the upcoming June challenge, right on schedule.

As usual, I had an tough time narrowing it down to five finalists for April's challenge: "Sunlit Portraits." I saw so much delicious lighting, amazing captures, priceless faces--but in the end, my favorites were...

by Lauren. Oh, goodness, I love this sweet face and that milky beautiful sunlight, complete with sun flares. 

by Emily Grace. This is a self-portrait--which I think is ridiculously amazing in itself--and then that hazy lighting + sun spotting is spectacular! What gorgeous scenery, too. 

by Mary Katherine. Oh goodness, what a sweet and dreamy shot. I love the natural framing of the branches, the dress, the smile, the lighting...lovely. 

by Savannah. I keep coming back to this photo--I love the glamour of the black and white, her back lit hair, her expression...gorgeous. 

by Abi. This. Lighting. ...Beautiful. What gorgeous streaking + back lighting. 

So which was your favorite? Vote for it on the sidebar poll--you have until next Monday, and we'll announce a winner then! Thank you all for participating in April's challenge and sharing your talent with me. Every single photo entered was lovely! 

xo,
lucia

7 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm a finalist! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the third one in the poll supposed to be Mary Katherine, not Anna Katherine?

    These are all gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren's picture is sooo cute! I absolutely love them all. So much talent. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...I am loving your new blog design!! The picture of you is so lovely.

    These finalists did a wonderful job. My favorite is the self-portrait.

    Much love!

    Oh and why haven't you responded to my messages?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't believe I'm a finalist!

    I love Mary Katherine's image--everything about it is so lovely. The lighting, pose, framing etc...so beautiful! And I can't get over the wonderful backlighting in Lauren's photo--so pretty. =)

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...