Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I ♥ Umbrellas.

um·brel·la
1. collapsible canopy that protects from weather: a round collapsible canopy of plastic or waterproof material on a frame at the top of a handle, held in the hand to protect somebody from rain, snow, or sun
2. support or authority: something that gives support, protection, or authority
"under the umbrella of the United Nations"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i've always been an unsurpassed lover of umbrellas.

...maybe it's the uniqueness and variety they come in. maybe it's the fact that with one over my head, the rain can't come in unless i want it to. maybe it's because an umbrella adds a girlish charm and romantic wistfulness to any outfit.

in any case, i am pro-umbrellas. ultimately.

however, i didn't choose my little corner of the web's title because of my love for mary poppin's transportation device. ;)

..nope. in case you were wondering, i christened my blog "From Under My Little Umbrella" for the other reason why 'i  umbrellas':

..because of the way they remind me that God is a shield.
a shield i can hide behind when i'm frightened,
a place of refuge that makes the rain go away.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thus, an umbrella-dedicated post.

:)
Tumblr_ljmj2vywov1qcrf0qo1_500_large

Vintage-summer-a22119705_large
  
Tumblr_ljy0310vc61qj94yio1_500_large

4681384884_005b49f2ac_z_large

Tumblr_lk0cmureik1qhsufdo1_500_large

44520_156833304328658_127721430573179_481795_1854011_n_large

Tumblr_lk02q059w61qb4hv5o1_500_large

Tumblr_lk09vhlknb1qfjv06o1_500_large


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                            
 “the eternal God is thy refuge {umbrella},
and underneath are the everlasting arms.”
(deut. 33:27)

i think if the word 'umbrella' were in use back in the Bible days, it would have been in this verse...don't you?

all photos accredited to www.weheartit.com

13 comments:

  1. How thankful I am to know that we can take refuge in Him! He certainly is the greatest shield we could have!

    Many Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is sweet, Lucia! I love the meaning of your blog name, I had always wondered what it meant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like umbrellas too-- I don't know, but there is something about them that make me feel, well like I'm in a movie or something! Funny, I know!

    ~Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely umbrella post! Love the pictures! It's pretty rainy over here, so I got to use mine today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so true...It is so comforting to rest in that promise!!!
    I like umbrellas too :)
    Thank you for the two comments you left on my blog :)
    Love ya'...
    Lynnae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen!
    And lovely photos! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I love this pictures! And I love the meaning behind your blog name. :)
    <3 a sis in Christ, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute.. all of the photos! I love the verses you posted also. ^_^ Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Which cartoon do you like The Simpsons or Family Guy?

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...