Tuesday, April 24, 2012

misty & we


This is Misty: the gorgeous, the sweetheart, the possessor of a velvet nose. No, she isn't mine--I wish. I absolutely love horses, if you didn't already know, and I just discovered yesterday how much fun it is to photograph them. Future equine photographer? Oh, wait. Make that equine/wedding/children/family/senior...cough. 

Anyways. 

Misty was a dear, and so were the lovely young ladies I spent yesterday evening with. It was golden hour just as we tramped down to the barn, and hazy sunlight filtered through spring foliage. I knew it had been a good idea to bring the Nik. 


This is Andrea: the beautiful, the lovely, the sweet.  I've known Andrea for a very long time, but over the past few years have enjoyed getting to know her better. She is a very wonderful and encouraging person whom I am blessed to call a friend! Andrea loves beading and makes lovely jewelry.  



This is Anna: a lovely lady who is an avid reader, avid hat-wearer, and has a pretty smile. I've known Anna for a few years, since her family moved to Oregon from the South, and she is genuinely fun to be around. Anna loves music, and plays the flute with excellence!


This is Sarah: the cheerful, the pretty, the animal-lover. She is Andrea's sister, and is also a dear friend of mine. She is always ready to laugh and to give a hug. Sarah is also a pretty amazing soccer-player, and I love her shade of red hair to death. :) 


Oh--and this is apple crunch pie: summer days and cinnamon sugar all rolled together. And which is now in the state of "gone-ness." 

Like this Indian Summer weather soon will be. I love it like I love apple crunch pie, but I'm afraid even that honor will not keep it.

In any case: here's to friendship, horses, and sunlight! 

xo,
lucia 

ps- photographers! never fear, the winner of the march photo challenge will soon be announced. in the meantime, enter your sunlit portraits in april's challenge linky while you can! 

11 comments:

  1. Lovely photos!

    Apple crunch pie? I will be right over to your house in a jiffy... I wish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. I have always, always wanted a horse. And I am always borrowing the neighbor's horses. ;)

    Lovely pictures, lovely horse, and beautiful young ladies. :)

    xo,
    Mikailah @ www.maid4him.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos Lucia!

    ~Emma
    emmakate101.blogspot.com

    Ps: I would love it if you could pay me a visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! And that apple crunch pie looks delicious! Do you have the recipe? I'd love to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *GASP!* I adore horses. This made me so happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the horses. I am in love with them.



    Hehe,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely photos and lovely people, Lucia! The horse is a dear. Makes me wish I owned one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are invited to follow my blog here is the link to it http://ahorseofcourseandrabbitstoo.blogspot.com/

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love horses! They are my favorite animal!!! Such a cute horse!

    Sincerly,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh Sarah, Andrea and Anna look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, Misty... Great name for a horse! Our horses are named Sh'ma and Essie... But between you and me, I would've named them something else if it was up to me... ;)
    Oh, and by the way! My Blogoversary Giveaway starts today, please tell your friends, and maybe enter yourself! :)

    Blessings and Smiles,
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...