Monday, February 13, 2012

enchanted heart. // a photoshoot

^ Linking this photo, "Enchanted Heart," up to:

Photo Challenge Submission



..and just for fun:

"Darling Herbert finally wrote!"

He. He. He. I think this ^ charming young man--we aren't quite sure who he is--is long passed from this world. Sad. It could have been such a match...;]

>>> 

This photoshoot was pretty much all whim + last minute creativity-ness (um, yes, not a word, but the book of blogging says you are allowed to make up your own words in times of need for expression. trust me on this.). Not to mention a little bit of work. I had this idea, and then a few more ideas, and then I decided I would go ahead and see if it all would turn out how my brain was picturing it. 

I cut out hearts. I hung them in a tree. I found a white wicker chair. I grabbed our antique mirror. I grabbed a frame.Olivia, my ever-faithful model, donned her best dress with our white bridal skirt beneath it (Goodwill = win). 

And off we went.  

Let's just say that the result was not what I expected, but at the same time the result was better than I expected. For those of you who were expecting an engagement shoot when I said "Valentine's Photoshoot," I certainly hope you weren't disappointed...and I hope to bring you an engagement shoot someday. :) 

But...sigh. I think I've found my photography niche somewhere between enchanted-ness and softness  and filtered pinks. What say you? 

Happy Love Day, friends. Now go spread some. 


This night is sparkling, don't you let it go 
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you too. 


  owl city + taylor swift // enchanted




all photos copyright 2012 lucia marie // please do not use without permission. 

44 comments:

  1. This is gorgeousness, Lucia. Simply beautiful. :)

    Happy Valentine's Day!!!

    xoxo,
    Grace
    tending her garden @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the 1st, and the ninth is lovely as well! They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much. these are gorgeous!! I adore the hanging hearts. and the mirror. and the dress. *sigh*
    //love//

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my, this was so lovely and magical. Loved it =D

    xoxo,
    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lucia, this photos shoot is amazing! Olivia's beautiful and I love the setting and the edit on the photos : )
    Really beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are beautiful!!!! I may copy the heart idea for my photo shoot tomorrow, if you don't mind. :) Love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw!!! Great shots of such a lovely person ;) Liv, you're adorable!!!
    So Lu...I think we need to get together and do a photoshoot soon...like, seriously.

    Blessings,
    Miss Raquel
    Www.God-sDauter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely, Lucia! My favorite is the photo you linked up for iheartfaces. :) So perfectly elegant.

    hugs,
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Amazing pictures! they are so fairytaleish and the lighting is perfect! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the photos! It's very whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so pretty and so whimsy! I like them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet and lovely post, Lucia. I thought your photoshoot was quite lovely, and you are budding into quite the photographer! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lucia! I love it! What a beautiful photoshoot!
    I love photographs/shoots that have that fairy-talish quality to them.... and you captured that perfectly.
    Plus.... I've gotta say... Olivia has gorgeous dark eyes.

    Lovely work, dear!
    ~Hadley

    ReplyDelete
  14. what?? no comments yet?? that's just plain silly!! Your work is stunning - love the session. Staged images are not my strength, so I always admire those who do it well :-)))) ... fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW. This is AMMMAAAAZIIINNGGGG.

    Please tell me if you are one of the winners in the weheartit challenge. I think you will be!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pics are so mystical! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These pics are so cute!! Love the style of them too - thanks for posting!! :) Happy Valentine's Day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are wonderful. Just beautiful!

    ~Nessima of Arda Nessimava

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun shoot! I love it!!!! On Pinterest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty! I love the hearts hanging from the tree! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE THIS. :) Will you shed a little light on how you edited like this? Did you use a pink light filter? What editing software to you have? Do you have certain blogs and/or websites that you go to for tutorials and so on? Boy.... my apologies for being so full of questions today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty and creative! I can certainly see lots of photoshoots in your future. :) These look professional!

    God bless you!
    Joy :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely lovely photos! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great idea with the mirror!! Tell Olivia she always looks lovely!

    Anne Katherine @ raspberrycappuccino.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. So lovely, and that was such a creative idea from you, Lucia. The last one was so cute!

    Blessings,
    ~Joy @ joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this photoshoot! The mirror adds a fabulous touch, and Olivia is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a creative session. You did fabulous capturing the feeling with the story you are telling.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE Valentine's day shoots, and this does not disappoint. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, what a fun, stylized shoot! Gorgeous model!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fabulous stylized shoot, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. this photoshoot = romantic in ever way! loving the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow! I want that dress! WHERE do you get all these stunning dresses? SOOOO jealous! :)

    I love your comments on my blog! They are so encouraging so thanks a-lot!

    Love you!
    ~Ireland~

    ReplyDelete
  33. Simply amazing. :D They're so creative, and I love the colors... It kind of reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. XD

    ~Kaylee
    www.whateverrblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. So romantic, they are all lovely

    ReplyDelete
  35. So cute and such a creative styled session

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love all of them!!! thanks for your comment Lucia! do you know how I could fix the picture to make it into a button??
    thanks!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. So lovely, dear! You did a beautiful job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...