Sunday, March 13, 2011

Be Still and Know...

Have you ever stopped what you were doing, just for a moment, and breathed in the quietness?

~*~

...Your surroundings might still be busy, a crowd might be surging past you, clamoring and shouting.

But you, you are still, you are silent.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go to the mountains with a part of my family and some friends for a skiing/snowboarding trip. We are blessed to live only about two hours from "the slopes," so we go as often as possible with our five-time night pass.

It was our last run of the night. There were very few people still out, and we just managed to clamber on to the final lift.

The night was clear, but a few small snowflakes were gracing my cheeks as the steady purr of the lift's motor began.

About half-way up, the lift suddenly halted--someone had most likely taken a spill getting on or off, and all was postponed as they struggled to their feet.

It was calm. Beautiful.

Breathtakingly silent.

It was just me in the moment of tranquil, listening to the little voice inside of me that whispered,

"Be still and know that I am God."

Pause for a moment, my friends, in the midst of your daily busyness, and listen.


{Via}

3 comments:

  1. you are so right. thanks for this post.

    --lundi

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so right. thanks for this post.

    --lundi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mountains so much! I was just thinking of the trip my family and I took last Summer. We went out west to the rockies and had so much fun! The landscape was simply gorgeous. God was so awesome to make such breathtaking sites. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...