Monday, November 1, 2010

"When Your Heart Begins to Stray:" Questions to Answer!


..So, friends, I have a favor to ask of you. :)

Do you remember my September post, "When Your Heart Begins to Stray," on when you have stumbled in your walk of Purity? Read it here if you need to refresh your memory, or are a newcomer. =)

Anyways. I got quite a few {rather difficult} questions concerning that topic, and I am not wise by myself. I was wondering: could you, my Dear Friends, help me out, if you feel so led? Please pray about your answers, then send them in to me by e-mail:


..I will post the answers to each question ASAP. Thank you so much! I really want as much input from godly young ladies as I can get...I could do this all by myself, but more make the wiser, and I am certainly not wise. ;)

So. Without furthur adiu, here is the first question I recieved concerning my "Purity Post". I have chosen to keep all questioners anonymous, even if they did not explicitly desire this.


So....Is is bad to 'like' someone?
Because I have a major crush on a boy I know...
~Anonymous

~~*~~

Girls? Ladies? What are your answers? How can you wisely advise this young lady?

~ I eagerly await your answers! Miss Anonymous, thank you for your question. We will {hopefully} have some heart-felt answers to you shortly! Do not give up in striving to remain pure. <3




*If you answer the question by comment instead of by e-mail, I will not publish your comments until the "answering" post* 

2 comments:

  1. *answering the question*
    Well, how would you like it if your future husband was 'crushing' on someone else rather than you? It's probably best to focus your mind on other things (schoolwork, writing, playing, etc.) rather than focus on something that your not ready for yet.
    Don't get me wrong, once I had this 'over the top' major crush on this guy that I knew and I couldn't stop thinking about him, imagining about him, and all that stuff. One night, I got so sick of just thinking about his name, that I prayed to God too take away my desire for him to notice me. In the end, it worked! Why don't you share your thoughts in prayer to God and after you said what was on you mind stay silent, and listen for God's answer.

    "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." - Jeremiah 33:3 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I would say to anonymous: “Above everything else, guard your heart; for it is the source of life’s consequences.” {Proverbs 4:23} It will deceive you if you put your trust in it and what its feeling. Lean on the Father’s understanding and the Spirit’s leading, and continually seek out those who will help you stay in that parameter of purity.
    http://feelinfeminine.com/?p=3698

    and then this: http://feelinfeminine.com/?p=3198

    "I’ve been told “well, it’s natural for me to have these thoughts. What can one do?” The Scriptures says to take all thoughts captive to the Messiah. If you have feelings for someone you should be praying and studying the Scriptures for guidance. Take all those thoughts captive to Yeshua(Jesus). Don’t let your flesh and emotions run wild. Don’t keep it a secret from those who can encourage and help guard your feelings. Don’t put yourself in any position where you will be tempted or fall into sin. Tell your parents. Tell your sister. Ask them to pray for you to remain pure in thought as well in action. You’re never too old to be held accountable to someone, even just a friend."
    http://aponderingheart.com/blog/?p=606

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...