Friday, May 7, 2010

Front Porch Fridays: Trusting God With Your Future





Prayer for My Future Husband
By Ruth Bell Graham, written at age 13

Dear God, I prayed, all unafraid
(As we’re inclined to do),
I do not need a handsome man
But let him be like You;

I do not need one big and strong
Nor yet so very tall,
Nor need he be some genius,
Or wealthy, Lord, at all;

But let his head be high, dear God,
And let his eye be clear,
His shoulders straight, whate’er his state,
Whate’er his earthly sphere;

And let his face have character,
A ruggedness of soul,
And let his whole life show, dear God,
A singleness of goal;

Then when he comes (as he will come)
With quiet eyes aglow,
I’ll understand that he’s the man
I prayed for long ago.


Front Porch Fridays are designed for the encouragment and support of the young lady blogger, striving to bring her closer to the Creator in each post.  

2 comments:

  1. That was excellent! Do you mind if I keep it as well? I might want to post it on my blog sometime. :)
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kelsey!

    Yes, isn't it sweet? =) Of course you may use it! Go ahead! Thanks for commenting, dear!

    Love,
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...