Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An Award, and a Small Update

I have been *awarded* by my dear friends, The H. Sisters of "Living at Home." Isn't that exciting? And guess what it is for?


..Isn't that sweet? I love you, dears! <3

Hmmm...and let's see. What has been going on around here lately? Well, first of all, today I wrote a short story! We are doing this English class, you see (at home, of course!), and the focus is "short stories." We are learning to right short stories, and read them as well. It is quite fun! But anyways, my first project I have completed. It is called, "King," and if you would like for me to post it so that you can read it, I would love to! It is not very good, of course...but then, there is always time for improvement! =)

Tomorrow is Wednesday. If all goes according to plan, at 10:00 I will be going to a local church were a somewhat large group of homeschoolers meet every week for a sort of co-op, to take a P.E. class, and to play the piano for the HS choir there. Then, we are going downhill skiing! A second attempt...last time we went, driving nearly 2 1/2 hours to get there, it was closed! =O But we did get to do four *free* rides on the lifts, courtesy of the lodge, before they closed. HOPEFULLY that will not happen again!

Please be praying for our friends, Rachael and Sarah C. They just returned from helping at an orphanage in India two weeks ago (which they enjoyed immensly), and yesterday they left for Amsterdam! =) Please keep them in your prayers for safety, fun, and God's blessings. Thank you, friends! I have never been out of the country, but would love to, someday...just to travel, and see the different lands and cultures. I think it would be great fun! Have any of you ever dreamed of Missions work, or simply travel? If so, where would you like most to go? Please tell me in a comment!

2 comments:

  1. *raises hand and waves wildly*
    I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see the short story you wrote! I've never read anything like that from you, so I'm looking forward to when you'll post it. :~D

    Ohhh, I would also love to travel. Just to be traveling, I think! I'm hoping one day I could visit Scotland & England.. maybe Ireland & Wales too (lol).
    I wouldn't mind doing mission work either, because it's really great! I know some people who are into missions. It would be wonderful just to go travel ANYWHERE, and I'd be happy with that.
    ~ Tarissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lu! I like the new look of your blog! :) It's very pretty! I'm glad you like the award... the girls and I had SO much fun putting it together, and we were waiting, wondering how much you would like it! :) We were really excited to do it all! :) Love you dear! :)

    Lovingly,
    ~Emily
    P.S. I'm writing your letter today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...