Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Adventures of the Weekend..

Well, yesterday was an entertaining day altogether. =) For, it all comes down to:

We went skiing!

...Of course, the only ones in our group skiing were Olivia (my sister) and I; the rest tried their hands (or, shall I say, their feet!) at snowboarding. It was my third time on the slopes, so I didn't struggle with "first-time troubles" that the rest had to go through, as this was their first time. However, after more than a few tumbles and snow-drenched backs and faces, I'm happy to say that all were on the road to becoming absolute pros in the snow-playing business!

It was a *beautiful* day on the mountain, and God's creation was breath-taking. We started out with our little group of five girls, one mama, and one baby at 8:30 a.m. sharp. =) After a two-hour drive, we arrived at the desired location, ready and pumped with our skis, snowboards, and other snow gear. It took those who did not have their own equipment nearly an hour to get their rentals (the shop's owners were extremely slow, I'm sorry to say), but at last we were all set to do some serious gliding.

After a few hours, one or two of us would head down to the lodge to mind the baby, so that the *Mama* could take a turn with her skis. At 7:00 we were ready to go, but--alas! The keys were nowhere to be found. They at last turned up, hidden beneath Baby Tuevya's bouncer, and we set off--the van filled with the anguished wails of Tuevya, who is indeed afraid of the dark. =)

We arrived home with Baby and all of us fast asleep, without further mishap, though quite unwilling to leave the crowded yet toasty car. We all look forward to going again, and gratefully thank the dear Mrs. J. for playing chauffeur and getting us there, baby and all. Unfortunatley, I have no pictures to post, as "someone" forgot the camera! ;)

May the LORD bless you this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hullo Lucia!
    To join the sibling challenge, basically you commit to spending time with your siblings and start [or keep] treating them like you would your friends. Because I have seven earthly siblings, then each day I [try to] go out of my way to spend time with a sibling for that day. Like, for example, yesterday [Monday] I spent a lot of time with Noah. Today, Sarah. Tomorrow, David. And so forth. Make sense? :-) Just let me know if you want to join, and I'll add your name to the list.

    Love you!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...