Tuesday, February 12, 2013

afternoons



Today seemed like one big cloudy grey afternoon, swept up in the quietness of "nothing really to do but study." It was so, so very nice. 

Oh, hey there. I'm back, for reals. The days in these past few months have been so full, it seems--mainly attributed to the fact that I was a part of the swim team directly following the Cross Country season. It is the first time I have ever done two sports in a year, and it cut my free-time altogether. Thus, the lack of posts + much-needed updates on promised wedding photos and such. ;) 

Man is it hard to keep up on life, eh?

But here is a little list (because lists are really my things. Especially if they're happy lists, not lists telling me what to do. Those aren't so great.) of the things that have blessed me and kept me buzzing this past month, and beyond:

// I shot my second wedding on December 15th. And because I have been utterly lame and gotten no previews up from that day, here is one. Yes, one. And it will have to do for now. ;)


// I placed 12th in District for swimming last week, and got to go on to the District Championships, which was a huge surprise for me! For you swimmers out there, I swam the 100 Breastroke and managed to PR 9 seconds in the two District days. That was such a blessing for me, especially since I am by no means an experienced swimmer. Swimming is definitely a difficult sport. And I look like a drowning Bald Eagle in a swim cap, just throwing that out there...

// It was Nikki (my camera) and I's anniversary this December, and just in time I scored my first two paying photo clients (besides weddings) Now I am starting to work out a business plan (please be praying for direction in that, if you will!), and have some savings for a new cam. Nikki is a great little girl, but (and don't tell her this) she just isn't up to snuff for what I am going towards at this point. Things like *ahem*  weak ISO and *double ahem* not focusing keep me an agitated yet ever-patient parent. I'll keep you updated on that. ;) 

// I am finally living our my childhood dream of having long hair. It's almost down to the middle of my back, now, and I am as thrilled as a little girl. Yep, I'm easily excitable. But when you've been waiting your whole life...

And now, because I'm random like that:

Hey, go listen to her. This is the craziest yet most unique + catchy music I have heard in a long time. Though the lyrics, like most songs, are kind of pointless. And this is the only song you can trust me on so far; I haven't listened to the others. So be warned. But she's only 15 (amazing, right?!), so things should be good. 

Be blessed, friends. 

// xo, lucia 

17 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the pictures and cannot wait to see the wedding!!!!!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love your photos? what do you use to edit? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are INCREDIBLY and insanely talented and every picture you post I fall in love with... I especially love the kitten and kitchen one's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so happy you're back! :) Lovely photos as always. Congrats on your second wedding and your swimming. You are definitely multi-talented. ;) I absolutely cannot wait to see your photos from the wedding, and I hope you give us tons of updates on your photography business (*squeal*). I would love it if you could do a post on managing a photography biz, too. Lovely post! :) And I love the one picture you did put up, although you are torturing us by not showing more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! I love the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucia. Your posts? They simply make me happy. I was sitting over hear drinking tea and smiling at your words and gorgeous pictures.

    We seriously need to sit and chat sometime...skype...when we find the time which I know is incredibly hard because we're both so busy. But we will do it someday...I know we will. :)) I want to know how you get such amazing shots with your camera. You are so talented. I love the warmth and simplicity of your photos. They are so peaceful and beautiful. Really.

    Congrats on your swimming successes!! I don't know much about swim competitions but I do know that swimming is a hard sport...I'm not a strong swimmer and I'm sure you have more talent with swimming than you readily admit. :))

    I'll be praying for you and your business plans! So exciting!

    Blessings friend!

    ~Madi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, beautiful afternoon shots, Lucia!
    I love your lists too...how awesome to have achieved all that stuff, praying and anticiparting for your exciting future! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are amazing :) love your shots, it's wonderful to hear from you again! x

    -Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, Lucia! And a lovely list, too. What a blessing that you've been able to accomplish so much with your photography! I know you will continue to do amazingly well in the future. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this lucia! these photos have a light, shadowy feel that i like. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Lucia! Congratulations on your hair, haha. I desperately want long, mermaid hair by summertime. Beautiful shots, and the wedding pictures look divine from the preview.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your pictures? perfect. am I excited to see the pictures from the wedding you shot? yes.
    seriously your photos are lovely!
    ahh yes long hair! I have dreamed about having long hair forever:) and the braid in that picture is perfect!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How are you getting that lovely-hazy-sorta-washed-out look on your photos? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaahh, your hair is lovely. Beautiful post, pure sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucia, your photos seem to improve each time I stop back. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Your header at the top of your blog is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE, gosh it's so beautiful!
    Your blog is so beautiful, a must follow! Your photography is gorgeous & so are you too!

    Well done on your swimming! & aha I am very jealous of your long hair, I would really like long hair so I could plait it and do all different stuff with it, not much you can do with short hair!:)

    love, rachelsgonevintage.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...