Monday, May 16, 2011

Bridal Love. ♥

A wedding day is one of the most important days of a girl's life. So, it makes sense that she would want to find a special, stunning dress to begin her new life in.

~~

 ...I know I'm a little young to be thinking about weddings, but the other day as I was browsing through the internet searching for something or other for a school project, I came upon a wedding dress. It had an amazingly milky-creme satin skirt that gathered extravagantly and frilled about the waist. But the top ruined it. Tight, strapless, plunging neckline...too much like any other wedding dress you see out there today. It got me thinking in a panic, "What if, when it comes time for me to search out an appropriate dress for the Big Day (Lord willing), I am unable to find modest attire?"

I needn't have worried. I present to you my totally floofy, creamy, gathered, silken, modest wedding dress finds:

WHITE DAHLIA



..this one is my absolute f.a.v.o.r.i.t.e.


..a few changes to this one, :) but CUTE! ♥

..this is one that you could wear elsewhere, too. :)







So, as you can see--yes, there are modest dresses still out there. *wipes brow* And amazing ones, at that.
Which was your favorite?  

...just don't even glance at the price tag, hehe. You just might want to start saving. :)

~~ 

...And since I'm in the 'wedding mood' at present, here is a glimpse of a few gorgeous wedding day hairstyles I discovered:

..love this dress, too! ♥







Hair is a blessed thing. Just sayin'. ;)
Do you prefer brides to wear their hair down or up?

~~

♥ Happy window-shopping! ;) ♥

17 comments:

  1. Oh, what *gorgeous* dresses, Lucia!! I sooo loved this post! *wink*

    Blessings,
    Moriah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty, pretty, and... pretty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve that second to last one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like dress #4 best I think. :)

    My dad used to be a wedding photographer and I'd go and help sometimes. It would always get me thinking about my big day. *sigh* Hehe ;)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, the fourth down is my absolute favorite! I think I've died and went to heaven, whenever I (hopefully) get married, I want a dress like that. ;)
    I've gotten in moods like you describe, where I start panicking about finding a modest and beautiful dress if the big day ever arrives.
    I like the bottom four hairstyles best. So as you can see, I'm torn between whether I like an up or down do best for brides.
    Random: How far are you in Lark Rise to Candleford? I hope you are enjoying it as much as you were before! =D
    Thanks for sharing all of these beautiful pictures with us, Lucia! =)

    Soli Deo Gloria!
    Taylor
    http://examineallthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fourth one is my favorite too!! I would probably take the short sleeves off though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo!!! I Love looking at wedding dresses!! I think my favorite was the third from the top - the lace is GORGEOUS-NESS! Love this post!

    Soli Deo Gloria!
    Holly Lou
    http://growingwholesomegirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...I loved this post! Don't we all dream about our wedding?! ;) Number 4 is my favorite...but I like number 2 too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 12th dress and the 13th dress! Such beautiful gowns! I like this website for modest wedding gowns too- www.beautifullymodest.com- Check it out! I also want to say that I love your blog posts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love number 14. It is so pretty, the dress that is but on the other hand the hair is very diffrent.

    Love Your Sister In Christ,Carlyann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I love wedding gowns that can COVER UP! :D I love them! Numbers 2, 4, and 13 are my favorites.

    ~Jamie Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're just like me :) lol! Me and my sisters FREQUENTLY look at wedding dresses online- there are two or three websites dedicated to making modest wedding dresses. I may just have to share my finds on my blog like you! lol I am a blog-idea-thief...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely dresses! I'm not too into fashion or anything, but I do believe we should dress modestly. You found some great dresses! I guess I'd wear my hair up if I ever got married. =P

    Thank you for your comments on my blog, Lucia! I didn't mean that you said my blog was boring, only that you gave me a few "tips to keep my blog from getting boring". I guess I did say "telling me what was boring about this blog". Oops. Wake up dollydaydream. Alright, I'd better not start quoting Narnia right now.

    Have a lovely day!

    --Kendra
    note:: I cannot sign into my blogger account for some reason, that is why I am anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. These are absolutely beautiful! I love looking at wedding dresses... *dreams* I hope that one day I will be able to have my own wedding and plan to my heart's content. I love weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. went through this post oohhing and aaahhhing over all the pretties!! I think my favorites are 1 and 4! God Bless! MaKenna DeVore

    life-in-parentheses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The 6th, 8th, and 9th dresses are my favorite. :) And the first hairstyle is my favorite. :D

    8>

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Lucia!!
    I know you did this post a long time ago, but I just had to tell you that we have the same f.a.v.o.r.i.t.e. wedding dress!! I have it on my Pinterest!! You can see the pin here - http://pinterest.com/pin/229613280971371469/
    I love your blog alot Lucia, and hope to meet you some day! (If not on earth than definitely in Heaven!!!)
    xoxo
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...